Adam J. Cohn
M.A. in Spanish, University of Virginia (expected May 2017)
B.A. University of Virginia, with High Distinction (2015)
- Major: Spanish Literature and Culture
- Minor: Latin American Studies
- 19 th and 20 th -century Spanish Literature
- Jewish discourse in modern Spain and Latin America
- Spanish Civil War
- Generation of 1898
- Converso Studies
- Elementary Spanish, SPAN 1020 (Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
- Elementary Spanish, SPAN 1010 (Fall 2016)
- Advanced Intermediate Spanish, SPAN 2020 (Summer 2016)
- Intermediate Spanish, SPAN 2010 (Fall 2015)
“Spanish Fascist Rewritings of the Sephardim: The Cases of Pío Baroja and Ernesto Giménez Caballero.” Conference of the Association of Jewish Studies, San Diego, CA, December 2016.
“Not a Mere ‘viejo puto, judío’: Valera, Palencia and Montoro on the 1473 Córdoba Massacre.” Mountain Interstate Foreign Language Conference, Harrisonburg, VA, October 2016.
“Structure, Temporality and Myth in Rivas’s ‘El cuento de un veterano.’” Kentucky Foreign Language Conference, Lexington, KY, April 2016.
Grants & Awards
Rachel Winer Manin Interdisciplinary Graduate Fellow of Jewish Studies, Charlottesville, VA, 2016-2017
Graduate Fellow, International Residential College, Charlottesville, VA, 2016-2017
Maurice Amado Foundation Travel Grant, San Diego, CA, December 2016
Phi Beta Kappa, Charlottesville, VA, 2015